Light percussion: A workshop for all ages using light percussion instruments
The objective being:
- to arouse awareness in a playful way.
- to discover a variety of percussion instruments including drumming with glasses, balls, sticks, cones, clubs, drums, shells and lids, as a form of musical animation.
- to understand and analyze rhythmic games.
- to use hands and voice as musical instruments.
- to experience working and socialising in a group.
What it entails:
Concentration, listening to and practising the musical language of different ethnic rythms, for example; Ze Pereira, salsa, samba, baiao, rhymes, and songs in a round.
Principals of basic rhythms such as pulsation, phrasing and polyrhythmias.
Equilibrium, stability, corporal balance and precision.
Ines Pinto Machado studied music at the Conservatorio de Musica de Lisboa as well as Lisboa Hot Club school of Jazz.
She has travelled widely in Europe and South America where she worked with percussion musicians.
With all her knowledge and experience she has developed a practical and functional way of teaching people of all ages in a playful manner.
With this new project “BAILE DA PERCUSSÃO”, she would like to share her knowledge, as well as all the emotions, well-being and good feelings that music / percussion brings to those who practice it!
Wednesdays at 15:00h.
As places are limited. Click here to book!